The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

12/13/2013



At last, movie that I've been waiting for finally has released today in cinemas in Indonesia! None other than The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I really enjoyed the first movie, as well Lord of the Rings trilogy too. Watched it with my sister and my dad today on the first day it's released.

I know that the movie's duration is pretty long like the previous movie but I don't mind it at all as long as the movie is really good. Indeed, the movie is really long but I don't feel bored at all while watch it because the movie able to entertain me from the beginning until the end.

Again, we were presented with lots of amazing sceneries in the movie that I'm dying to set my feet on it and take a picture in that location. The sceneries are just too gorgeous and beautiful. A friend of mine who just went to New Zealand get to visit the location of the shooting of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Envy her, really. Will go there for sure in the future.

I was fascinated by Smaug, the dragon. It was really magnificent and they able to make it really glorious and fierce. 

As always, the Elfs are just too beautiful (read: Orlando Bloom). Orlando Bloom looked older in this movie but still can't deny his handsomeness and I found the Elf's King is handsome too like Orlando Bloom. Gotta find his real name and find what movie he has ever played before.

The story is getting interesting and in here I can see that Bilbo is getting attached to the ring and those small details that we ought to know in the trilogy of Lord of the Rings were presented in this movie. I like how the actors are able to act well with their expression without saying too many words but we, the audience, are able to tell what did they feel or what did they thought through their expression. Many characters are being shown in this movie, as well with the characteristic and the development of the character as well were being shown pretty good in this movie.

Truly can't wait for the next Hobbit sequel, as I'm really excited after watching this one. This is truly my kind of movie because it's very adventurous and still it's pretty tense even though the duration is kinda long but the movie able to surprise me here and there.

2 comments:

  1. Good review Yolanda. While it needed to be longer, I still felt like this was a nice enough sequel where we at least get more tension within the story, and feel like it's actually moving somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I wouldn't mind too if it's longer. Agree, we get more tension with this one. Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete