Oblivion

4/16/2013

Earth is a memory worth fighting for.

Oblivion



I watched Oblivion last night with my father and my sister. I've been expecting this since it's Tom Cruise's movie and obviously he looked handsome and amazing as always. Somehow he looked younger in this movie, oh well, because of make-up maybe but still gorgeous of course.

So basically this movie's setting is on 2077 which is we knew it by then that this is a futuristic sci-fi movie. The plot was that earth was being attacked by scavengers, they called, and the scavengers burnt the moon and it caused a chaos to the earth, and in the end the earth used nuclear to wipe out the scavs and they won the war but they lost earth and thus they made Tet which was located at the Saturn's moon and Tom Cruise as Jack Harper is still staying in Earth as he is the mop guy whom obliged to repair the drones.

We were presented with a beautiful yet ironic view of the earth after the war which full of sand and really in a demolished state because of the nuclear yet somehow I find it beautiful and I couldn't help but to think will our future will be like that as well? I pray that our future will be nowhere like that 'cause it's scary.

There are twists inside the movie which a bit predictable though. In my opinion this movie is a bit off in their script and it's pretty slow but I don't mind since Tom Cruise's acting paid it off really well and so does the visual effect that is very stunning.

Many people said that this movie is pretty bad because it's only a one-man-movie, but I can tell that they're wrong. Clearly wrong. Even though it's almost one-man-movie but really Tom Cruise's acting was marvelous that this movie basically doesn't need another actor to play beside him, except Morgan Freeman of course.

I just don't like their scripts and for me they didn't explain about some things quite well and I can pretty much say that in the end it's almost didn't make sense at all but still I enjoy watching this. 

Some memorable quotes that I like:

Is it possible to miss a place you've never been? To mourn a time you never lived?

I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you and I don't know your name. I know I'm dreaming, but it feels like more that. It feels like a memory. How can that be?

I can't shake the feeling, that earth, inspite all that's happened, earth is still my home.

I wonder, if I come to you, at night, in dreams, in the day, as memories. Do I haunt your hours the way you haunted mine? And I wonder if you see me, when you look at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment