Check-Up

4/29/2013

It is time for me to have my 6-month check up post surgery. Frankly, I feel nervous for my check up while I don't feel nervous at all for the surgery. I know it's weird. Pretty excited because I get to escape from my classes and tasks for a while and forget about it and having fun at Singapore. Pretty nerve-wrecking to find out the result of the check-up. Again, my paranoia strikes me.

I took morning flight from Jakarta. I went to Singapore along with my dad's accountant whom very close to our family and she's really nice and kind toward our family. She bring along her daughter as well. Thankfully, her daughter is a nice kid, so it's not going to be a troublesome or annoying. As usual, I hate plane's food.


Once we reached Singapore, we went to the hotel, Mandarin Orchard, right away. Unfortunately, my room was not available yet so we had to wait until 2pm or so for the room to be ready while I have an appointment with Dr. Theo at the same time. That's why we decided to leave the hotel area and went to the hospital first.

The nurses there still remember me and they're all nice. Then I met Dr. Theo in his practice room. He looked much skinnier than the last time I saw him. I couldn't help but to ask him why he looked so skinny now and he said that he went on a diet for his child's wedding and he liked the habit that's why he kept doing it until now. The check-up procedure only need the Ultrasound scan and no blood test required whcih I'm very thankful of. Dr. Theo said that everything was fine and it's all clear, no fluid at all, nothing in there which is good. He also said that I'm underweight but as long as I'm eating well, it's fine. I think that I'm eating well even though some days that I don't feel like eating. Still consider it as eating well though nevertheless.


I also asked Dr. Theo regarding the Cervix injection and he encouraged me to take the shot, whether in Singapore or Indonesia because that vaccine is very important for girls. I need to ask my mom first whether we're going to take it in here or Indonesia because there are three shots overall within 2 month and 6 month and I need to return to Singapore for another check-up in 6-7 months because Dr. Theo said that he couldn't let me off his sight yet. He's very nice and friendly and also we prayed after we're done with the check-up. How nice, isn't it?

I felt at ease after my check up and it's holiday time for the next 6 days ahead! Can't wait to eat and shop all the way. So I walked around the Orchard Road first because we finished the check-up appointment around 3 already and I need to go back to the hotel first to get my room first. After that, me and my sister were showing Ci Margareth (the accountant) around Orchard for a while then we split up so we can enjoy our day better without having to wait up for each other which will wasting most of our time.


We had our early dinner at 313@Somerset Food Republic. I've been craving for their pork cutlet curry rice so I bought that one and its portion was really huge. Never thought it'd be that huge or it's just me perhaps who's easy to get full by now. Still, I enjoyed the food. Also, as usual, I went around Ion Orchard, Wisma Atria and those malls around Orchard Road and how I miss Singapore. Finally I ate Gindaco Takoyaki. Best takoyaki, maybe not the best if I went to Japan but still it's the best yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment