Old Beauty

5/01/2013

It's almost the end of my short getaway. I gotta make the most of it, right? Me and my sister just realized that we haven't eat Four Fingers at all since we arrived here! Every time we want to eat there, they have a very long queue which I found it weird because the last time I went here, there's no such thing as long queue at Four Fingers, probably because they have became more famous now. So, we decided to have our brunch at Four Fingers. I know it's pretty unhealthy to eat this kind of food around 11am to 12pm-ish. Oh well, since during those hours there won't be any long queue. At last, we have a bite of these oh-so-amazing chickens.



Our first plan for today is to have a little adventure to the Holland Village. We took MRT to get there and I already got one cafe and one restaurant that I wanted to try in Holland Village but in the end I only had the chance to try the cafe. I thought Holland Village would be like Holland-ish for real but turned out it's not. It's just the name. A bit disappointed but the ambiance there was nice though, it's quite and homey even though it's a bit crowded because there's a lot of restaurants and cafes.

So I'm heading to MU Parlour. It's a cafe. It's quite hard to find it that I had to use my cell phone's GPS. Turned out it's located in the second floor. So we had to go upstairs and there we could find a cafe. The cafe's setting was a bit European classic style with a simplistic touch. The walls are white and the chairs are white with the typical classic style with a red cushion. It's very homey and a great lighting from the huge window facing down the street along with a jazz bossanova songs.



They offer varies of cakes but I got one in my mind which is Hazelnut Lemon Praline. It looked good and sounded good. They offer teas as well but I'm stick to the ice water LOL. So the Hazelnut Lemon Praline was not too big yet not too small and it had this little macaroons on the top of it and some berries. When I tried it out, it's very gooey and it's sweet. I liked that sweet but I know if I ate that too much, I will feel not good because it will be too sweet in the end that's why I balanced it out with ice water to even it out. It's even sweeter with a lovely yellow flowers on the table. Ha. 



Since we need to make the most of our time today, right after I finished with my little beauty praline cake, me and my sister went to another place right away. This time we took MRT and bus. We're heading to Carpenter & Cook. I heard that their theme was a vintage oldies kind of cafe and their foods are quite nice. Excited to see that. It's quite far and along the way to the eatery place, I discovered some huge houses that I thought it's not exist in Singapore. I've seen houses with a fancy car such as Porsche and stuff but this time it's a big house. Not a European classic style house but just a simple house but it's big. Amazed at that. LOL.

So once we reached there, it's practically out of nowhere. I had to walk several minutes to reach the place and again I used my GPS to get to the place. First time being around this area and I wouldn't want to go here if there's no Carpenter & Cook because there's nothing in there and it's practically out of nowhere. 



Since I'm not that hungry, I bought bacon quiche in the end along with ice chocolate. The plate was really pretty and I can get the feeling of the vintage from the plate itself. The meal was very homemade-like and it tasted quite nice while the ice chocolate just like a basic ice chocolate but still it's good.



After done with Carpenter & Cook, it's time for me to go back to Orchard to finish my shopping time. We rode bus to go back to Orchard then we went around Orchard from mall to mall then we decided to buy Smoothie King. The Smoothie King in Singapore wasn't that great. It's good but the one at South Korea tasted better than this one and somehow I prefer Boost. As night approaching, my tummy was growling again looking for food. Thus, we went to Yoshinoya. Yoshinoya in Singapore is much different than in Indonesia and tasted way better. My sister bought the salmon bowl while I bought the ebi and beef combo. Their salmon is really good too! I wish Yoshinoya in Indonesia is like this. Also for my late night snack before sleep was mushroom and cheese prata. I love their prata because they have it along with a curry sauce and the curry sauce is really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment