Wild Honey Lane

4/29/2013

I have another appointment with a doctor this morning but it's my mom's doctor. We're here to find out the result of her check-up and so on and so on. The doctor was very kind and energetic and he's quite young for a very intelligent doctor whom usually are quite old. He's also a member of WHO if I'm not mistaken. Amazing. I started my day with chocolate milk. Singapore's Milo is different than the one Indonesia had. Singapore's Milo is much tastier and rich in its chocolate flavor.


Me and my sister haven't had any breakfast yet so we decided to try a restaurant which famous for its brunch and quite a hip place at that time. It's called Wild Honey which located in the Scott's Square, the new mall. When I entered the restaurant, I can sense that it's very homey and comfy yet it's bustling with people's talk and laughter which I found it a bit disruptive and it's pretty similar to Union's ambiance but this one's better of course.

I was seated in a long table with another pack of people on my right and left but I didn't find it annoying, well a bit though but I couldn't careless much about it. I love their interior and it's nice, all perfect to their famous dish which is the brunch set even though if I'm not mistaken is that they served brunch dishes all day lol


I ordered European and my sister ordered something with Portobello since the meal consists of portobello mushroom while mine is the classic egg benedict. My sister's a vegetarian dish but I expect it to be as delicious as mine though since from the description, it looks good. Not long after that, the dishes arrived.

Mine was an egg benedict covered by an almost raw bacon I think and when I cut the egg, the yolk was very gooey and it was poached perfectly. The bread itself was quite sweet but in a good way. There were some mushrooms and it's quite nice. Overall, it's great but the portion was huge and I felt a bit nausea after ate it since I don't know, if I eat it again, I'll probably order one and then divided into two for me and my sister because if it's too much, I would puke for sure. I even felt nausea after I left the restaurant.

My sister's tasted good as well even though it's a vegetarian dish but it's quite the same for me in regards the nausea feeling and puking feeling. Because, I ate one of mine and one of my sister's and vice versa to my sister. I felt really full but not in a good way even though at first it tasted quite great. I had to drink coca cola to ease up the nausea feeling though.


After finished with our brunch, I made a call to my mom because she missed me and she wanted to know the result of her check-up. Then, me and my sister decided to go to the Bugis area, I've been wanted to visit Haji Lane and Bugis Shopping Market, is that the correct name? My sister always refuse to take me to Bugis Market because there are many pickpockets there and the quality of the products are pretty bad but still I wanted to see it since most of my friends always go there.

First, we've been craving for mango sago at Ah Chew Dessert near the old campus of Raffles Design Institute which now is located in Clarkequay. It's pretty famous and it's very good. Very thick and creamy and simply delicious. Couldn't wait to eat it again tomorrow or maybe the next day.



So I went to Haji Lane afterwards. We rode a bus and then we alight at a bus station and it's quite out of nowhere then because my sister forgot where exactly it was so we used GPS on our phone to find the location. We're a bit lost but then we found the correct way and TADA we're arrived at Haji Lane. Basically, it's just a one long road with lots of shops on the right and left. The shops were very cute and unique and quite expensive because many tourists came there right. I found this one beautiful ring but it costs around SGD$40, it's way too expensive for a ring so I didn't buy it sadly.


Since we're still near the Bugis, my sister decided to take me to the National Library. I was really amazed when I first saw it. I don't know before that the national library will be this big and great. It has 12 floors and it's filled with books in each floor. How awesome is that. I went around in their first floor. Lots of people were just hanging around, read newspaper, read book, even just sleep. It's very quiet and peaceful, like really quiet. They even have comics and novels and we can rent DVDs too.

How I wish Indonesia has this kind of library. I know that we have national library too but not this big and not as clean as this or even as great as this. Have no idea whether Indonesia is able to make a library like this or even make it as clean as this. Well, you guys know how Indonesian right. I'm amazed at this place. It's very perfect for someone to study or working on an assignment. Uh, I want to move to Singapore but not really too. Oh, well. LOL.


From Bugis, it's quite close to Kembangan MRT. I need to go to Kembangan area to have a taste of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Cafe. It's quite an adventure since we came to an area that we have never know before and never visit before. It was said that they have great cheesecake. It's pretty in the middle of nowhere actually when I reached there. I walked and walked and walked guided by my phone's GPS. Pretty lame that I'm using phone's GPS to guide me to get somewhere.

Thankfully it's during middle of the day so it's not night thus not dark and creepy. It's pretty confusing to reach that place and the sky's getting darker because it's going to rain soon I think, heard from the rumbles of the thunders. Me and my sister decided to go back to Orchard area because we wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere. So we went to the nearest bus stop and looking for a bus that can take us to Orchard area or at least Somerset. So we found one and we waited for that bus. In this area, there are lots of houses. If you compare it to Indonesia, it's counted as a small house but boy you know how expensive house is in Singapore and of course the owner of the houses owns expensive cars such as Porsche and stuff.

While we were waiting for the bus to come, there are three boys probably still in elementary school waiting for the bus too. Amazed at them because they were still little and they're already go home by themselves. Well, since it's Singapore so no worries unlike if you're in Indonesia of course. Basically, those are my adventure for the day. We've had enough so we decided to just go around the Orchard again to shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment