Red 2

7/23/2013

Credit: news.moviefone.com

The dangerous old man and old woman are back! Gotta say that I'm pretty excited for this movie though. Some people might dislike this movie well I just like it, simply enjoying it for the actions. Watched this with my dad and my sister of course. My dad will be sullen if I left him out on action movies. I'm quite surprised when I knew that Lee Byung Hun will be one of the cast in this movie. Will he be great and cope up well with those great actors such as Bruce Willis, Malkovich, Mirren, Anthony Hopkins, and even Catherine Zeta-Jones. It will be a great honor for him to be able play with those top notch actors.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this movie and of course this one is better than the first one in the action category. Aside from the action category, I like the first one a bit better. Because in this movie, there are some scenes (the non-action scenes) are quite dull and like 'Duh?'. It's a bit weird for me. They better stick to their action only.

I've got to say that Lee Byung Hun's acting and action skills in this movie is really great. He really showed it that he's some kind of mania when it comes to killing or punching someone especially toward Bruce Willis, his old enemy in that movie. I liked it the most when Lee Byung Hun acted along with Mirren inside the Lotus car. That was really awesome when both of them cooperating with each other and shooting their enemies. Still love Lee Byung Hun in this movie despite all of his bad rumors regarding his past though 'cause he's still showing his amazing skills and acting. So I don't mind with it and congratulation to him for his upcoming marriage!

Mirren is really awesome in this movie. Much more awesome than Bruce Willis. Very sophisticated yet very savage when it comes to killing and she still managed to look like a lady during all those hectic times. Amazing acting from her.

Not to forget, Anthony Hopkins. Just by the fact that he's in the movie is already great! Great acting of course, no doubt about that. Especially when he acted like he's someone who got amnesia or a bit lunatic. Great plot twist too at the end.

As for Catherine Zeta-Jones. She looked amazing even with those wrinkles that starting to show up, she still looked all classy and sophisticated. However, there are some of her make up that I quite dislike though. Her dark blue-ish eyeshadow that made her eyes looked not that great. Ugh. Better fix that.

Overall, it's a great movie and better than the first one in the action category. But, they could've done it better since they have Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones as their new casts in this movie. Can't wait for the third one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment